Find the answer to your Linux question:
I dont know where to post the problem so i see the new post option here in coffee lounge so i am posting my problem here .................................................. ................................... I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Linux Installation Problem

I dont know where to post the problem so i see the new post option here in coffee lounge so i am posting my problem here
    .................................................. ...................................
    I am having problem with the Linux installation problem. It doesnít boot and it stay black and blank on boot and nothing or if it boots like Ubuntu then it have graphics problem where I canít even see anything to proceed the installation. I have Compaq Presario V6000 (AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.9 GHz ) With NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/ nForce 630M.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.

How much ram do you have? Modern distro's running KDE or Gnome take at least 1gig of ram to run right. If you are light on ram try Lubuntu, antiX, or one of the low resource distro's. The other problem could be your graphics driver. Try an alternate install, here is a how to link. 5 Alternative Ways To Install Ubuntu [Linux] One problem some people, myself included, have run into, is ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 don't seem to like my hardware. Use ubuntu 10.04, it is long term support, and I have never had any problem with it. You will also need to install the restricted extra's to get the most out of your hardware.
    Registered Linux user #526930

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by princevakas View Post
    I dont know where to post the problem so i see the new post option here in coffee lounge so i am posting my problem here
    Hello and welcome!

I've moved your thread to the Installation Forum for you.
    oz

Just Joined!

Arrow

Thanks for your reply *
    It have 2 GB ram and if install from USB or optical drive it boot and the graphics are messed up like a old TV having low single.
    I cant see anything to install or see any option. i tried installation from inside the windows but same problem when i select the linux os in start its graphics are same like i mentioned above.
    I have downloaded the drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/ nForce 630M (its notebook Compaq Presario V6000 AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.9 GHz). But those doesnt do any good if you can't even install the Linux. I also disabled the Graphic card and then tried to installed the Linux still it have the stupid graphic problem.
    i am trying to install linux as a parallel OS on my system and i tried all possible ways but i cant do it.
    I need someone to guide me or atleast show me right direction what to do to fix it.
    I will be very thankful to you.

Some distro's are better at recognizing hardware than others, particularly with notebooks and their customized equipment. Try the PClinuxOS Xfce edition and see if that solves your problem. If not, download and try a number of other distros from distrowatch.com. I had one notebook that only worked with 3 of the 30-40 distro's I tried on it. That was a Toshiba with a proprietary graphics driver that most distro's couldn't properly identify.
    Registered Linux user #526930