Find the answer to your Linux question:
Previously I was using win7, few days back i switched to fedora16 but left a 300GB free (un-allocated). Now when i tried to install win7 to the free 300GB partition... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Can't find Drives while installing Windows 7 after installing fedora16

Previously I was using win7, few days back i switched to fedora16 but left a 300GB free (un-allocated). Now when i tried to install win7 to the free 300GB partition... the win7 installer can't find/detect any of my partitions... It shows a blank screen & says below -can't detect any hard drives...

....I tried refresh but didn't work, can u help me pls?????

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Windows only sees the 4 basic partitions that the standard BIOS boot record deals with, unless one of those is an extended partition. Also, though Linux can be installed/booted on an extended partition, Windows requires a primary partition. This is the reason why you are fubar'd from installing Windows in this configuration. Solution? Install Windoze first, and then Linux.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!