Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
thank you for the hint about the error message, it made me realize i was wrong. i tought there was a conflict between the keyboard and the touchscreen, while it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

thank you for the hint about the error message, it made me realize i was wrong. i tought there was a conflict between the keyboard and the touchscreen, while it was easyer: it was a plugged usb joypad that caused it. i unplugged it and now keyboard works properly both in syslinux bootloader and in BIOS. so the thing is solved. that fedora iso gives me the same message, but this is exactly the start point i needed. now i'll set up the stick with another distro and try to boot. thank you again.
    edit: solved! i don't know why fedora 16 64 bit, android4 and ubuntu 32 bit still didn't work. anyway mandriva 2011i586 worked and (very important to me) touchscreen worked immediatly! now i've been using mandrake/mandriva for the last 12-13 years i believe. so it must be fate!
    Last edited by m4kkin4; 06-08-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Linux Newbie
    Glad it worked and glad to have help a little bit in the process. It has to be an issue with the graphics driver, but if you have a distro you like no point in moving on from there.

Just Joined!
    Must i set it solved somehow? Anyway everything's is up and running but thanks to uncle bill i had to struggle a few more hours. In fact i didn't realize that win 7 used 4 primary partitions, so i had to delete backup's one. This gave me free space for the installation so, via windows, reassigned the space i had made on my data unit (win d). But windows failed to do it properly so that space wasn't seen, so i had to backup data and format it. Anyway now i move compiz's cube with my finger on my tochscreen.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by m4kkin4 View Post
    Must i set it solved somehow? Anyway everything's is up and running but thanks to uncle bill i had to struggle a few more hours. In fact i didn't realize that win 7 used 4 primary partitions, so i had to delete backup's one. This gave me free space for the installation so, via windows, reassigned the space i had made on my data unit (win d). But windows failed to do it properly so that space wasn't seen, so i had to backup data and format it. Anyway now i move compiz's cube with my finger on my tochscreen.
    I don't know if there is a way to move the thread to Solved (maybe a way to tag it). With regard to Windows using 4 primary partition, it has that as a max, but it shouldn't have that many, there is something screwy in the setup. Anyways, enjoy your touch screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2