Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All I am a newbie so please make the answer simple I don't know anything about puppy. This is what I did to write to the disk. I also ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Installing Wary Puppy 5.3.3

Hello All
    I am a newbie so please make the answer simple I don't know anything about puppy.
    This is what I did to write to the disk. I also used another older laptop to download and write it to a disk.
    I downloaded puppy. Next I did the sum5 check. It told me that the download was good. Then I wrote to a cd.
    When I put the cd into the laptop it doesn't give me the option to install it. It does look like it is installing it. It asks all the same questions that I was asked when I installed Ubuntu like what time zone, country, keyboard setup, language. It doesn't format the drive for it doesn't ask about formatting. I then use it and it seems to be installed. When I'm done it asks me how I want to save the work since I was working off the disk and it was not installed installed.
    The laptop is an old IBM Thinkpad. The CMOS battery is dead, could that be the problem? The reason I think the CMOS battery is dead that every time it asks me to install the time and date.
    Thank you for your help with this.
    Montana

Trusted Penguin
    If you want a permanent installation of Puppy to your hard drive, see this Puppy guide:

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/InstallationFullHDD

Yeah, that time/date thing is probably a CMOS thing. you might be able to steal one from another PC lying around.