Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried to compile ffmpeg-php 0.6.0 library to use with ffmpeg but when I used "make" command , I getting an error like this Code: /bin/sh /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/libtool --mode=compile cc -I. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Got an error when compiling ffmpeg-php.

I tried to compile ffmpeg-php 0.6.0 library to use with ffmpeg but when I used "make" command , I getting an error like this

Code:
    /bin/sh /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/libtool --mode=compile cc  -I. -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1 -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/include -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/main -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1 -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/include/libavcodec/ -I/usr/local/include/libavformat/ -I/usr/local/include/libavutil/ -I/usr/local/include/libswscale/ -I/usr/local/include/libavfilter/ -I/usr/local/include/libavdevice/  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing   -c /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c -o ffmpeg-php.lo 
    mkdir .libs
     cc -I. -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1 -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/include -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/main -I/tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1 -I/usr/include/php -I/usr/include/php/main -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I/usr/include/php/Zend -I/usr/include/php/ext -I/usr/include/php/ext/date/lib -I/usr/local/include/libavcodec/ -I/usr/local/include/libavformat/ -I/usr/local/include/libavutil/ -I/usr/local/include/libswscale/ -I/usr/local/include/libavfilter/ -I/usr/local/include/libavdevice/ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -c /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/ffmpeg-php.o
    In file included from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:105,
                     from /usr/include/php/main/php_streams.h:28,
                     from /usr/include/php/main/php.h:400,
                     from /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c:40:
    /usr/include/bits/stat.h:88: error: field 'st_atim' has incomplete type
    /usr/include/bits/stat.h:89: error: field 'st_mtim' has incomplete type
    /usr/include/bits/stat.h:90: error: field 'st_ctim' has incomplete type
    /usr/include/bits/stat.h:149: error: field 'st_atim' has incomplete type
    /usr/include/bits/stat.h:150: error: field 'st_mtim' has incomplete type
    /usr/include/bits/stat.h:151: error: field 'st_ctim' has incomplete type
    In file included from /usr/include/php/main/php.h:406,
                     from /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c:40:
    /usr/include/php/TSRM/tsrm_virtual_cwd.h:209: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'time_t'
    /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c: In function 'zm_startup_ffmpeg':
    /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c:91: warning: implicit declaration of function 'avcodec_init'
    /tmp/ffmpeg-php-0.5.3.1/ffmpeg-php.c:110: warning: implicit declaration of function 'avcodec_build'
    make: *** [ffmpeg-php.lo] Error 1
    I use command to compile a ffmpeg like this

Code:
     ./configure --with-ffmpeg=yes
    How should I do ?

Thanks for any advice and sorry about my English.

Trusted Penguin
    what is your distro? if it is RPM-based, you could try the package made by this individual:

http://blog.famillecollet.com/en

They are geared specifically for Fedora (and the RPM Fusion repo) and CentOS/RHEL (and the EPEL repo).

i notice that it is only provided for Fedora up to release 13, for some reason, though...

http://rpms.famillecollet.com/fedora...hp-ffmpeg.html

Just Joined!
    I have had to install this painful program on dozens of servers and its always a pain in the arse due to the hundreds of dependencies. The best way I have found to install it on any server is to use the FFMPEG Auto installer script. Google that term and you should find the page and it should help take care of most of the setting and dependencies issues.

Hope that helps.

No-Mad

Thanks @atreyu for your help, This server used CentOS.

But I tried to install via rpm packet and got this.

Code:
    warning: php-ffmpeg-0.6.0-8mdv2010.0.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5
    error: Failed dependencies:
    	rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1 is needed by php-ffmpeg-0.6.0-8mdv2010.0.x86_64
    I try to install another version of php-ffmpeg (6.3, 5.2) but I got a lot of error.

any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Trusted Penguin
    yeah, looking around, i don't see any CentOS/RHEL RPMS for php-ffmpeg. back to using the source, i'd say.

try the CentOS-specific instructions here and see if you get anything different.

here's the instructions specifically for php-ffmpeg, taken from the above link:
    Code:
    # Few tasks before compiling FFMPEG-PHP
    yum install -y automake autoconf libtool

# FFmpeg-php
    # Switch to working directory
    cd /usr/local/src

# Download the source files needed
    wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ffmpeg-php/ffmpeg-php-0.6.0.tbz2

# Extract the Source files
    bunzip2 ffmpeg-php-0.6.0.tbz2; tar xvf ffmpeg-php-0.6.0.tar 

# Compile
    cd /usr/local/src/ffmpeg-php-0.6.0