Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to get Debian installed on my 701 but I'm having problems. The netbook is fine, It's currently running XP and has worked fine in the past with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

eee PC 701 Debian Squeeze Install issues

Hi,

I'm trying to get Debian installed on my 701 but I'm having problems. The netbook is fine, It's currently running XP and has worked fine in the past with the distro it shipped with but I wanted the most simple install of debian I can get installed.

Problem I'm having is I can get the 'Install' started using VGA mode 9 and it gets to the point after 'Detecting hardware to find CD-Rom Drive' (Which seems to take 5-10 minutes) but just keeps hanging on the blue screen or saying something like 'No common CD-Rom drive detected' Do I want to load CD rom drivers from removable media. I'm installing from an SD card anyway as I dont currently have an external CD Drive available. This is causing me to not progress further.

Can anyone help me get debian installed using SD card as the installation media, Im just wanting to install to the internal 4gb SSD.

Thanks

but I wanted the most simple install of debian I can get installed.
    Then go with a Debian live media install

chals: Installing Debian Squeeze 6.0 on Asus eeepc 701 using a usb stick and Debian-live

Me. I run AntiX on my eeepc 701 which is based on Debian Testing.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home