Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to put my "old" laptop to use and install several of the most popular linux distros on it. My question is: How do I create a set up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multiple distros installation help

I want to put my "old" laptop to use and install several of the most popular linux distros on it. My question is: How do I create a set up such that when I start the laptop a list of all the different distros appear as options?

I have currently windows 7 installed. I want all information, should I format my computer first? Do I need to partition my HD somehow for every distro, how do I do that?

Basically what I'm looking for is a step by step how-to list to do this.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pittlerGG View Post
    I want to put my "old" laptop to use and install several of the most popular linux distros on it. My question is: How do I create a set up such that when I start the laptop a list of all the different distros appear as options?

I have currently windows 7 installed. I want all information, should I format my computer first? Do I need to partition my HD somehow for every distro, how do I do that?

Basically what I'm looking for is a step by step how-to list to do this.
    devils_casper and postfix covered this pretty well.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ulti-boot.html

Just Joined!
    When I try to start my computer with a cd i burned it wont work, and gives a message saying no bootable media was found.

I've tried to start it with a few different linux cds I burned.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by pittlerGG View Post
    When I try to start my computer with a cd i burned it wont work, and gives a message saying no bootable media was found.

I've tried to start it with a few different linux cds I burned.
    Hello and welcome!

Check the following thread to make sure you are properly downloading the iso file and then burning it to the blank disk as an image:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    oz