Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I just successfully installed Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 64 bit on my computer as a separate OS from Windows 7, everything is working great, but I have one problem. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux took 300 GB from HDD

Hi, I just successfully installed Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 64 bit on my computer as a separate OS from Windows 7, everything is working great, but I have one problem.

I had 600 GB of free space before installing it, I have a 1 TB HDD. It says that I have 300 of 600 GB free. Before, it would say 600 GB of 900.
    Is there any way to install Linux without it taking all my HDD space?

Is there any way to free up space without uninstalling it? If not, how do I correctly uninstall Linux and get my space back?

Linux Guru
    How big a partition did you create for Mint? Run the command: sudo fdisk -l(Lower case Letter L in the command) and post the output. Also run: df -h and post the output.

Hello and Welcome!

yancek is right. Without seeing partition information, there's really no way to help figure out where the space is.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.