Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, I installed ies4linux in my system,after that when i execute the ies4linux,ie, ./ies4linux ,it shows following error, IEs4Linux 2 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ies4linux opening error

hi all,
    I installed ies4linux in my system,after that when i execute the ies4linux,ie, ./ies4linux ,it shows following error,

IEs4Linux 2 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions (0.9.x). It seems that you are using an old version. It's recommended that you update your wine to the latest version (Go to: winehq.com).

(ies4linux-gtk.py:8739): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(ies4linux-gtk.py:8739): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6: 8739 Killed python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py

what will i do.please give me a solution.
    Last edited by tintu1212; 09-11-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Trusted Penguin
    Are you using the latest version of the IEs4Linux script (currently 2.99.0.1)?

Installation - IEs4Linux

More importantly, are you using the latest version of Wine? (currently 1.4.1)?

WineHQ - Wine Binary Downloads

It is usually better to update software packages by installing them from your distro's repo, but in the case of Wine, you often have to forgo that convenience and install it manually.
    This is especially true if your distro is somewhat outdated.