Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm pretty new with linux, so please bear with me I've been trying to connect my computer to the network and can do so using the ethernet cable, but i've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Detecting wireless network card (netgear wg311) in Fedora 3?

I'm pretty new with linux, so please bear with me

I've been trying to connect my computer to the network and can do so using the ethernet cable, but i've been unsuccessful detecting and connecting my netgear wg 311 wireless pci card.

So far, I've downloaded the madwifi driver (as i believe this is appropriate driver for my wireless card) and installed it.
    using iwconfig and ifconfig still gives "no wireless extensions" for lo, eth0 and sit.

What do i do from here? Have i missed something or done something wrong?

Thanx in advance

ps. oh dear, i just realised this should probably go into the networking section. anyway i can move it?

Linux Newbie
    Hi,

I think the right driver is the acx100 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/acx100/)...

I had a simular card and also found info about the madwifi driver but it turned out to be the acx driver instead...

do a "lspci" and look at the output, if it a "Texas instrument bla bla..." card it is almost certainly the acx driver that you need.

Cheers

Jonas
    --
    in Linux Computing we Trust