Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
If you run out of common things to try, it occasionally makes a difference on which machine or which brand of media you burned your ISO. Try a different brand ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

If you run out of common things to try, it occasionally makes a difference on which machine or which brand of media you burned your ISO. Try a different brand of media or burn your disc on a different computer from the one you used last time. LegacyOS is another distro you might try also, as it is a variant of Puppy designed to run on older equipment.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    i am using sd card. tried linux live and it's even less successful than the unetbootin
    the dark side becons...off to bed will try tomorrow with vector 7 (nearly 1am here)

Just Joined!
    downloaded vector 7 std. Linux Live says it doesn't support the install but will create the iso anyway. once done the boot brings up the menu but the install quickly fails it says "could not find ramdisk image /isolinux/init.gz

as far as i can see it is impossible to install any distro of linux on this this machine!

Just Joined!
    Also for something like Dell Mini. Check out the EasyPeasy distro. Search distrowatch for easypeasy

This solves the USB install stick issue.
    VL7.0 Make the Vectorlinux install Iso into a bootable usb drive without unetbootin.

VL7.0 Make the Vectorlinux install Iso into a bootable usb drive without unetbootin. | Opensourcebistro.com
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3