Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have tried installing several distros and in all of them i cant see my mouse pointer... i can only see where it is at when i move over an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mouse cursor wont show up trying to install mint13

i have tried installing several distros and in all of them i cant see my mouse pointer... i can only see where it is at when i move over an icon and the icon shadow changes. i can not do a full install of any of the distros without seeing my mouse pointer...
    i don't know what to do from here. Any advice would be greatly appropriated. i would really like to install mint 13.

i have installed these on my laptop so i know its hardware/driver related on my desktop

Desktop is running an i5 2400k 16gb ram with a asrock extream 3 gen 3 mobo and a hd 5830 graphics

i also might add its raid0 with two western digital black drives however i know linux doesn't like fake-raid and so im going to try to install on another hard drive inside the system... once i get this issue figured out.

Just Joined!
    i changed my graphics to use the onboard graphics inside the bios i can now see the mouse cursor and install however im sure when i get it installed and switch back to my graphics card it will have same issue...