Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I m glad to see that there is such a forum specialized in Linux I m having trouble installing linux on a Netbook N102SP it s on windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Howto install Meego or other Netbook oriented distribution with networ

Hi everyone, I m glad to see that there is such a forum specialized in Linux

I m having trouble installing linux on a Netbook N102SP it s on windows 7 starterand it s really really slow ( 1gb ram ) and i hate having windows when you need to save resources.

So first my BIOS doesnt allow me to boot from USB or CDROM (NO CDROM) so i want to try the network way (because this is or networking boot or boot from SATA*port)

I want to install Meego because they support well Intel Atom processors and my graphic card is supported under Meego.

I have a macbook pro with dual boot Ubuntu or OSX Lion to create the ftp server but i m not sure about the procedure to follow. I looked for Network install on google but it seems to be a little old and I dont know if it would work with Meego using network way.
    I m really trying to fix this problem since the laptop is to my girlfriend and she goes crazy when she uses it with windows because it s just not possible to run windows 7 on this netbook ( i cant believe resellers provide win 7 even for low RAM memory laptop)

Thanks for your help and the time you spent reading this post.

Hello and Welcome. I think you might want to have a look at unetbootin. It'll allow you to download and install without CD/DVD/USB drives.
    UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your advise but it doesnt give good results this way. I cant load my graphic card driver with unetbootin and Ubuntu.
    This laptop is fully supported by Meego (Netbook distrib) and unetbootin doesnt give support for it.

Anyway i also want to delete windows completely and use Linux without FAT32 filesystem to give best results.
    So i really think i should install Meego using network LAN (with my MAC/UBUNTU and the WINDOWS netbook) i guess i need to setup a server a change my bios setting in my netbook for booting on network. But i didnt find really good tutorials about it do you know some maybe ?

Regards

I've never done a network install so I can't really help there. I might be able to find something useful.....here.
    http://https://meego.com/devices/net...o-your-netbook
    Network Install HOWTO
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    well i found a great tutorial using unebootin a gparted loaded in ram memory, i finnaly succeeded to install linux mint without windows on an resize the partitions only for mint now.
    but i cant post the link already..

I m trying to make the wifi work using a N102SP samsung netbook.
    I m using a USB wifi key but it s not really convenient...

Thanks for your attention.