Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I am currently downloading and planning to install fedora 17 on my pc which currently has Ubuntu installed on my primary drive and Windows XP installed on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool Installing fedora on computer with Ubuntu and Windows XP

Hi guys, I am currently downloading and planning to install fedora 17 on my pc which currently has Ubuntu installed on my primary drive and Windows XP installed on my secondary drive.

I was wondering how to install fedora on the XP drive without making any changes to the grub menu (except for adding itself at the end). I'm using the Live LXDE iso. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Vikeyev; 11-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.

If you want to add Fedora in GRUB menu manually then install GRUB in boot sector of Fedora's root partition. Fedora installer gives an option for GRUB install location during installation process.
    Make sure to select root partition ( /dev/sdXY ) instead of default (/dev/sdX).
    X is drive letter ( a, b or c ... ) and Y is root partition number of Fedora.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Ahh it worked, your awesome thank you so much!

Now for some reason I can't get Ubuntu too recognise Fedora in grub. I have tried mounting the fedora partition and updating grub but that doesn't work, my grub version is 0.97.
    Last edited by Vikeyev; 11-08-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Just Joined!
    I figured it out (for some reason I can't edit my posts).

I had to edit the grub manually

title Fedora 17
    root (hd1,1)
    chainloader +1