Find the answer to your Linux question:
yes i,m trying to install puppy Linux slacko. my problem is i,m old don't have much computer skills. i,m trying to install puppy linux slacko. i know i have to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

please help puppy linux

yes i,m trying to install puppy Linux slacko. my problem is i,m old don't have much computer skills. i,m trying to install puppy linux slacko. i know i have to use gparted. but cant find anyone who can tell me in plain terms how to do it. please help.

Linux Guru
    I'm not familiar with the "slacko" version of Puppy but, most Puppy releases contain GParted to create and manage partitions.
    Do you currently have an operating system on the computer on which you wish to install Puppy slacko?
    If so, what is it?
    Do you want to keep it on the computer along with Puppy Slacko?
    How are you going to install it? Have you downloaded Puppy Slacko? Do you have it on a CD or flash drive? Have you been able to boot the computer with the CD or flash drive?
    If you can boot the CD or flash drive, you will get to a Desktop with a number of icons. In the extreme lower left there is a Menu tab, click it and move the mouse up to Setup and look to the right for Puppy Universal Installer and click on it to begin. Read all the prompts carefully.

It would probably be useful for someone to help you if you posted drive/partition information here. When you boot Puppy, on the Desktop you should see an icon labelled konsole and if you click on it another window opens. Type this command in the konsole and hit the enter key and post the output here: fdisk -l (that is a Lower case Letter L in the command).

The link below is a tutorial on installing Slacko Puppy on youtube. If you use google to search How to install slacko puppy, you should find a number of sites. If you have specific problems, post back with details on what happened including specific warning or error messages:

How To Install Puppy Linux Slacko 5.3.2.4 to Hard Drive - YouTube