Find the answer to your Linux question:
Desperately seeking a modern Linux OS for my Vye S18 with AMD Geode LX. After many, many downloads, burning and readings online, the ONLY OS that will load is TinyFlux, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Vye S18 - Any modern OS's available (AMD Geode LX)

Desperately seeking a modern Linux OS for my Vye S18 with AMD Geode LX.

After many, many downloads, burning and readings online, the ONLY OS that will load is TinyFlux, some others cannot be loaded because the screen is OK on one side but jump around on the other. Linux mint does this. Mandriva seems to load but the screen goes black after loading.

As said, it has an AMD geodeLX along with 1gb of ram.
    Any pointers will be much appreciated.

With a quick google I found a page that may point you in the right direction.

Just Joined!
    Hi thanks for the link above, I tried it before realsing that it was referring to an AMD Geode LX800, mine is just an AMD Geode LX, it did not load correctly either, very distorted graphics on the whole screen.
    Linux mint has come close, but, the graphics are OK on the left side of the screen but jumping and fuzzy to the right which makes it impossible to set up properly even to try the distro.

I am just downloading iMedia-Alix 6.0.1 , never heard of it but claims it is compatable.
    Last edited by sunnyd58; 12-29-2012 at 02:12 PM.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close