Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all, when i start my system it shows, Busybox v1.18.4 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.4-2ubuntu2) built-in shell(ash) Enter help for a list of built-in commands. (initramfs) it can't boot.what will be the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy busybox error

hi all,
    when i start my system it shows,

Busybox v1.18.4 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.4-2ubuntu2) built-in shell(ash)
    Enter help for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

it can't boot.what will be the problem?if any one know please give me a solution.

Linux Guru
    Which release of Ubuntu is it?
    Is this a newly installed system? or has it worked previously and now fails with that message? If the latter, what changes were made just prior to the error?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Busybox is a single image tool set that provides many standard Unix/Linux command-line tools, such as sh, cp, cat, et al. However, it is not intended to be anything but a fall-back for most major distributions when there is a problem booting into the full OS, or is the default set of shell tools for embedded systems such as routers and such. IE, your system is broken. Have you tried re-installing it? If it has been in use for some time and just now started to show this symptom, have you backed up your data and tried to fix the OS?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!