Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I downloaded the dvd iso image of fedora 18 (Fedora-18-x86_64-DVD.iso), downloaded their tool for shifting the iso image to a usb 3.0 memory stick. Booted my laptop with it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 18 install "can't evaluate _crs: 12311"

Hi,
    I downloaded the dvd iso image of fedora 18 (Fedora-18-x86_64-DVD.iso), downloaded their tool for shifting the iso image to a usb 3.0 memory stick. Booted my laptop with it, after I select install, few seconds pass and the installation gets stuck with this message:

see the attached pic plz
    (i didnt know how to copy the message from that screen so I just took a photo of it from my cell)

What is this message saying and how do I get past this. I searched a bit and it was listed as a kernel bug on bugzilla. But i dont know there are so many different scenarios in which this message shows up, mine is different cuz the pc never even starts the installation.
    My laptop is core i7-2670qm, 16gb ram, installing from the usb 3.0 port.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you using dell machine ? Seems like there is a bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=770990
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Are you using dell machine ? Seems like there is a bug ...
    its a laptop purchased from powernotebooks dot com, motherboard is MS-16F2.