Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have downloaded CentOS 6.3 live DVD(64 bit) and burned the image to a DVD disc. Then went to install CentOS 6.3 using the burned image, but couldn't able ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unable to install CentOS 6.3 using LiveDVD

Hi,

I have downloaded CentOS 6.3 live DVD(64 bit) and burned the image to a DVD disc. Then went to install CentOS 6.3 using the burned image, but couldn't able to install it. Getting the below error while booting

Code:
    Kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!
    Panic occurred, switching back to text console
    I don't know how to proceed from here. Even i have tried with Live USB. but failed with on it too. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Post your Machine's specs here. Have you tried same DVD/USB on other machine? Do those boot up fine in other machine?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Please find my hardware config below,

RAM : 4 GB
    HDD : 500 GB
    Processor : Intel core - i3 -3110M CPU @2.40GHz
    Brand : Toshiba Satellite - C850-I0013

No, i didn't try this boot from any other laptop or PC. But i have created a live USB mount with the live DVD and tried to boot in my laptop. And failed to boot with it too, it wasn't even show CentOS boot options with USB.

If not CentOS 6.3, is it possible to boot and install CentOS 6.2 in my laptop?

I would suggest you to check DVD/USB on other machine first. CentOS 6.3 should work fine on your machine and there is no reason to downgrade.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Sure, i will try it with other machine and let you know. Meanwhile i just googled for best linux distro for Toshiba laptops. But came to know Toshiba laptops don't support any of the Linux distro's available. Do you have any idea on this one?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Did you verify that the iso image you downloaded has the same checksum (md5sum, or sha1sum) as what is on the mirror site? If so, did you verify that the disc that you burned has that same checksum? It is not uncommon for a download to not work properly, and then there is the issue of burning that to disc. If you try to burn at the disc's theoretical maximum speed, there is a good chance that it is not going to be successful. In my experience, if you have a 16x disc, then burn it at 1/2 that (8x) max. This is a situation where speed is secondary to accuracy!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!