Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys. Want to apologize in advance if this in the wrong section of the forum. Also want to let you guys know I appreciate you helping me. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install windows 7 on my computer?

Hey guys. Want to apologize in advance if this in the wrong section of the forum. Also want to let you guys know I appreciate you helping me.

I have a gateway desktop. I had windows 7 on it and it got the blue screen of death. My friend had fixed it but I didnt have the windows 7 cd so he installed linux on it. I like linux a lot but the problem is Im a noob in computers so this is very difficult stuff for me to utilize. Also alotta programs I need cant be opened through linux without me doing alotta mumbo jumbo.

I've been trying to delete linux but I cant. I bought the windows 7 cd, but it wont boot from it or whatever.

Basically I need someone to help me install windows 7 and remove linux completely.

I have a gateway desktop with ubuntu 12.04. No other OS On this computer.

Thanks in advance!

Just Joined!
    Go to google and type 'zero writter on hard disk' and get the software then make it a bootable cd.In your system go to bios setting and make it boot from dvd/cd then first boot from this cd and this cd makes your hardisk raw(original facotry made hardisk). It will take some time to complete the process after that you will get raw hardisk and you can install any OS in that harddisk through your traditional ways.

Hello and Welcome!

You may need to simply erase the MBR before booting your installation disc. Open up a terminal window, and execute the following command:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1
    You will need to have admin privileges to do this, so use su or sudo accordingly.
    After that, make sure that your machine is set to boot to your optical drive, and you should be good to go.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Linux Guru
    Are you sure you have the CD/DVD set to first boot priority in the BIOS?
    Do you have a full installation CD/DVD and not just a Recovery CD/DVD?
    The microsoft forums would probably be a better place to go for advice although the above methods should work:

restoring windows 7's master boot sector to original state after - Microsoft Community

You might have given more details on exactly what happened when you tried to install/boot.

Just Joined!
    that blue screen would that be a hard drive issue and if you want W7 look into installing virutal box in Ubuntu 12.04 and running W7 in that thats what I do and it works better in that then itself

Just Joined!
    Hi, xdaglpreetx,

A piece of cake. You just first erase disk where linux installed on under MS-DOS. Secondly, reboot system and then turn into MS-DOS again by pressing hotkeys. Finally, Insert Windows7 CD and install it.