Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys. I have just purchaced a new system and have a few problems with my current setup. The computer has 2 SATA drives which i wanted to run in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora core 3 and Windows XP pro

Hi guys. I have just purchaced a new system and have a few problems with my current setup.
    The computer has 2 SATA drives which i wanted to run in raid 0 but i cant find any support for it (so i gave up, but this isn't the problem). The only way I can install fedora is by erasing all info on both drives and install fedora before windows (otherwise I get the geometry error when installing fedora). Then I installed Windows (knowing that it would rewrite the MBR) and now I am trying to configure GRUB to recognise both.
    Windows XP is on the first HD and Fedora is on the second HD.
    I installed GRUB on (hd0,0) because i found instructions telling me to do this. Then GRUB booted and FEDORA was ready to boot. I then edited the GRUB CONFIG FILE to include Windows. The problem is now that when i choose XP, it just loads grub again because that is where I installed it.
    What can I do to stop the loop and what can I do to fix this up?
    I think that i may need to use the fix mbr thing in DOS and reinstall grub again but put it in a different place. Any help? Thanks

can you post your grub.conf?
    -lakerdonald

Linux Engineer
    check in /etc/grub.conf and post it....
    Linux For Ever!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    My father has (stupidly) reloaded an image which contained the array and I therefore dont have it anymore.
    I booted grub from a boot disk. Then did the following.

After I installed grub i added the following

How about we go back to the basics to try and get fedora core 3 to recognise the SATA raid 0? Does anyone know that?

Thanks for the help guys

Just Joined!
    also hoping to do this (dual boot on sata raid with onboard intel ICHR5)