Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i have posted this in another thread but i have diagnosed more of the problem. problem : every couple times i boot up i loose my touchpad and keboard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

keyboard sometimes doesnt work

ok i have posted this in another thread but i have diagnosed more of the problem.

problem : every couple times i boot up i loose my touchpad and keboard control. this has happend on every linux distro that i have installed so far. least worst on fedora 18 kde.

semi solution : plugiing in a usb mouse n keyboard, works perfect. never gives me a problem.

this is on a newer toshiba laptop l850d i have secure boot turned off but am booting in uefi mode. could this be part of the problem???

Just Joined!
    anybody??? any ideas at all? it seems its better when i have the power cord plugged in. it doesnt mess up as often.

Just a guess, but it sounds like a loose connection.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    its a laptop, it wasnt doing this until i installed linux on here. also it seems like it only does it when i have the power supply unplugged and its running off its internal battery.

Just Joined!
    well tried to install in legacy mode. this time installed linux mint 15 cause i heard all the hype about it. well it worked yesterday. today 10X i had to reboot it just to get the touchpad to work. currently installing fedora 19 kde in legacy mode. if all this doesnt work i am going to have windows reinstalled. it was a piece of crap but at least it worked. what has happend to linux??? the older versions work 100% on my old desktop. currently running ubuntu 12.04lts with absolutely no problems what so ever. yet i cant get any linux to work with a brand new laptop.... im beond frustrated now. it seems every day im installing a new linux os just to see if it will work.

is there anybody else having these issues when installing on newer computers with windows 8 on them???

If it is an older laptop, you might try legacyOS, a version of puppy, that works well with older hardware. AntiX is another good distro for older hardware. You can also try going to distrowatch.com and using their search function for older hardware to get more ideas. Over the years I've bought or been given some pretty old hardware with minimal specs, and found one version of linux or another that worked, but usually not the latest buntu, fedora, suse versions.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    thats basically what im doing right now. but this is on a brand new toshiba. just picked it up 2 months ago came with windows 8 preinstalled. been fighting with it non stop since. just re-installed fedora 19 kde which is working better than ubuntu , linux mint, i liked linux mint but it just will not run on this system. running this new install in legacy mode, so far so good, but that happend before as well.

seemed when i did the updates is when all the problems started. so im going to try and not update to see whats what.

i was hopping to run a higher end linux distro cause ive been bouncing between fedora and ubuntu for years now, i really like the ease of use with ubuntu and adding removing software was a breeze. fedora has been faster and more solid platform to use just harder to install software from my experience, but i really dont mind that as long as i can get it to log in without having to restart a bunch of times.

Just Joined!
    thats basically what im doing right now. but this is on a brand new toshiba. just picked it up 2 months ago came with windows 8 preinstalled. been fighting with it non stop since. just re-installed fedora 19 kde which is working better than ubuntu , linux mint, i liked linux mint but it just will not run on this system. running this new install in legacy mode, so far so good, but that happend before as well.

seemed when i did the updates is when all the problems started. so im going to try and not update to see whats what.

i was hopping to run a higher end linux distro cause ive been bouncing between fedora and ubuntu for years now, i really like the ease of use with ubuntu and adding removing software was a breeze. fedora has been faster and more solid platform to use just harder to install software from my experience, but i really dont mind that as long as i can get it to log in without having to restart a bunch of times.