Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks, yancek. I'll give that askubuntu method a try tomorrow. At the very worst, I'll still have a working version of Ubuntu....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thanks, yancek. I'll give that askubuntu method a try tomorrow. At the very worst, I'll still have a working version of Ubuntu.

Just Joined!
    Thanks, guys. I tried your tips on my old desktop eMachine, the one with two separate hard drives with WinXP on one drive and Ubuntu 11.10 on the other. I now have that one updated to Ubuntu 12.04 and still have my old, faithful, reliable, comfortable Gnome Classic desktop. So....

Now I'm going to try to do the same with the Acer laptop, the one with only one hardrive. I learned, thanks to your suggestions, that it actually had 11.10 installed on it as well. But... when I tried to do an upgrade using Update Manager it would get part way through "installing new software channels" and then halt, inform me that some repositories could not be reached, restore the system to what it was, and quit. I finally did a Gedit on /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sources.list and commented out the references to any Maverick repositories. It seems to be updating quite nicely now. I'll know in a three to four hours how successful this is going to be but it looks like you guys pointed me in the right directions. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2