Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm pretty noob w/linux (minimal experience) but in short I installed CentOS on my home media server to give it a try. After the install, I realized that I wanted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux install after reconfiguring RAID

I'm pretty noob w/linux (minimal experience) but in short I installed CentOS on my home media server to give it a try. After the install, I realized that I wanted to change the RAID configuration. After the RAID configuration, I new that the install would corrupt.

I loaded a bootable external hard drive (that Ive used many times before for installs) with CentOS installation but all that loads is a Grub command prompt that I know noting about.

Any help on getting to just a install?

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT*

I just tried to install CentOS using the same install media onto a fresh, empty hard drive and it still loaded into grub prompt. This confuses me because I have already used the same ISO files for this same install but never had grub come up. Strange Strange.
    Last edited by k_bo; 09-27-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by k_bo View Post
    I'm pretty noob w/linux (minimal experience) but in short I installed CentOS on my home media server to give it a try. After the install, I realized that I wanted to change the RAID configuration. After the RAID configuration, I new that the install would corrupt.

I loaded a bootable external hard drive (that Ive used many times before for installs) with CentOS installation but all that loads is a Grub command prompt that I know noting about.

Any help on getting to just a install?

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT*

I just tried to install CentOS using the same install media onto a fresh, empty hard drive and it still loaded into grub prompt. This confuses me because I have already used the same ISO files for this same install but never had grub come up. Strange Strange.
    Fully shutdown your system then wait 30 seconds so that the ram/memory gets clear. Upon switching on, make sure your cd/dvd drive in the bootup section in the BIOS is first. You should now be able to load your Linux disk. If the grub comes up again you will need to format the drive(s) that the grub is on.

Hope it all works out.