Find the answer to your Linux question:
As the title says I have windows 8 installed on my HP 650 I would like to get rid of windows and go to a Linux o/s. My problem is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hp 650 with windows 8

As the title says I have windows 8 installed on my HP 650 I would like to get rid of windows and go to a Linux o/s.
    My problem is that I cannot get the laptop to boot a live DVD with a Linux o/s on it.
    The uefi boot loader is not allowing me to use live dvd's I have tried changing the boot order to accommodate various scenarios including booting from a DVD or USB.
    I have partial success with a Ubuntu DVD but finished up with a black screen.
    Any assistance will be appreciated.

Terry

Just Joined!

Turn off UEFI..

Quote Originally Posted by brotell View Post
    As the title says I have windows 8 installed on my HP 650 I would like to get rid of windows and go to a Linux o/s.
    My problem is that I cannot get the laptop to boot a live DVD with a Linux o/s on it.
    The uefi boot loader is not allowing me to use live dvd's I have tried changing the boot order to accommodate various scenarios including booting from a DVD or USB.
    I have partial success with a Ubuntu DVD but finished up with a black screen.
    Any assistance will be appreciated.

Terry
    Go into your uefi BIOS and turn uefi boot off. When you have this uefi off you can install any Linux operating system.

Just Joined!
    Solved my problem turned on legacy boot option then used ubuntu to override the windows working like a beauty..

Terry

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close