Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi I downloaded suse 8 pro ( 5 cds ). I was wondering if it is possible to combine them on to 1 dvd. ( bootable dvd ). If yes, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multiple ISO's to single bootable dvd??

hi

I downloaded suse 8 pro ( 5 cds ). I was wondering if it is possible to combine them on to 1 dvd. ( bootable dvd ).

If yes, then could you plz tell me how?

btw i am using windowz.

thx

scar

Linux Guru
    I don't think that there is a comfortable way to combine ISO images. You should download the entire file tree instead (I don't know if SuSE provides that, but I know for sure that RedHat does) and burn that. Then I don't know how your burner program handles El Torito boot settings, but I'm sure that there's something around for that.

If you really want to use the ISOs, you should get daemon tools and extract all the files from them in order to get a complete file tree. I don't really know how to merge them properly, though.

Just Joined!

multiple cd iso's to dvd

hey i've bn troubled with the same prob! just came across sum software that links iso's into i big iso file - the dude uses it to link linux distro's

"Ultraiso.exe"

ISO CD image creator, editor and BIN to ISO converter - UltraISO can extract/create/edit/convert CD and DVD image files directly, make bootable CDs and convert BIN to ISO.

i'm gonna try get a copy and try it out today! if anybody has a better solution please let me know

linux - suse

burnt multiple iso files from freedom toaster at campus onto a 1 dvd!

also did this for mandriva

if there's anyhtin that comes to mind about different procedures to link the mandriva iso also please let me know!

Thanx