Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. First of all excuse me for may bad english İ setup dual boot win 8 and kali linux. İ uninstall linux. But my pc can not boot windows 8. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Grub Rescue. Very Deep Problem in Deeping

Hi. First of all excuse me for may bad english

İ setup dual boot win 8 and kali linux. İ uninstall linux. But my pc can not boot windows 8. İt says grup rescue.

There are solutions on wep. But my problem is critical. Because in my bios settings, usb and dvd rom boots under harddisk boot selection. So i cannot boot dvd and usb drivers.

Second i cannot start bios with f2 key. Only, only it starts rescue mode...

Have you tried to make changes in BIOS to move other devices up in the boot order? You can also disable BOOT Logo if you have. When you start your computer then you can see which key to push for getting a pop-up window where you can choose where you want to boot from. Some this option can be disabled in the BIOS, but you can enable it. The most common keys are F12, Esc, F8, Del are showing for a few seconds to start in a BIOS mode or get a pop-up window.

Just Joined!
    No. İt doesnt work. İn no way, i cannot access bios and boot settings.

Super Grub Disk read the documentation and maybe you'll get lucky using that to repair Windows 8 boot.

Then again, maybe not since you say

No. İt doesnt work. İn no way, i cannot access bios and boot settings.
    which I find kinda strange.

Computer make and model number needed also before anything more constructive to advise.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulutluvesisli View Post
    Hi. First of all excuse me for may bad english

İ setup dual boot win 8 and kali linux. İ uninstall linux. But my pc can not boot windows 8. İt says grup rescue.

There are solutions on wep. But my problem is critical. Because in my bios settings, usb and dvd rom boots under harddisk boot selection. So i cannot boot dvd and usb drivers.

I have win 7 but I sometimes have to access my bios to move my disk drive boot order around, when doing the install if you do not recall doing this you may not need too, another option for entering the bios not mentioned is the F2 key, you can also try booting your install or recovery CD for win 8 and try doing a repair for your boot up, if you have access to the internet I would try searching for the steps first or maybe someone on here can supply them, good luck.

Linux Guru
    If you are getting 'grub rescue' then you have gone past the BIOS and are on the hard drive because that is where grub is.
    If you had a dual-boot with windows 8 and kali, did you use the kali grub bootloader to boot both? If so, you should have repaired the windows bootloader by installing it to the master boot record before deleting Kali. Almost all of the Grub boot files were on the partition for Kali which you deleted.
    Did you enable Secure Boot?

Your inability to access the BIOS is totally unrelated to Kali being on or removed from the drive.