Find the answer to your Linux question:
I everybody, On one of my computers, I`have two Linux systems working without problems, and I am trying to install a third one, Mageia-4, KDE . The procedure start normally, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

šUnable to copy files to new rootš ?

I everybody,

On one of my computers, I`have two Linux systems working without problems, and I am trying to install a third one, Mageia-4, KDE.

The procedure start normally, with configuration of two partitions : / (root) and /home, with plenty of room for each one, 18 and 25 Go.

But, with about 3/4 of the installation, a window is opening, with the following message : Unable to copy files to new root? Then, this is the end of the installation.

I tried other versions of Mageia-4, and also on an other computer, but always with the same advice ?

An idea ?

Thank`s for your help,

Pege

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Sorry, but I am not familiar with that distribution - it seems to be a French distribution. I would suggest a hardware problem, but since it appears this is happening on two separate computers that would be unlikely. Are these both the same kind of systems (manufacturer, hardware, etc)? I would advise posting your question to their user forums.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Thank`s Rubberman for your comments about my problem.

Yes, these two computers have about the same kind of systems, and are 6 to 7 years old... and this distribution, Mageia-4 his a French one.

Pege