Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I have installed the latest Joomla version on my Fedora 20, apache, php, mysql server. I followed all the instructions. Unfortunately, I am stuck at this point. After ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Joomla installation did not go as planned? Need help?

Hello everyone,

I have installed the latest Joomla version on my Fedora 20, apache, php, mysql server. I followed all the instructions.

Unfortunately, I am stuck at this point.

After deleting the installation directory, I reload my webpage I am getting this error message,

Code:
    Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Table 'joomla.joomlasession' doesn't exist SQL=DELETE FROM `joomlasession` WHERE `time` < '1395956397'
    I have done everything I could. I have enable the SELinux policy to allow access to the Joomla site.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Linux Engineer
    Have you verified in MySQL that the table joomlasession does or doesn't exist?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
    Have you verified in MySQL that the table joomlasession does or doesn't exist?
    after re-installing the Joomla. I was able to configure Joomla and everything is working now.

When I save a setting in global configuration control panel. Got a error saying could not write to the Joomla configuration.php file. so from the web control panel when I save certain settings and that should save it to the Joomla config file. displays error instead.

Linux Engineer
    Certain files and directories need to be writeable in a Joomla install. I suggest you consult Joomla's install guide for detailed information.