Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mandrake 9.1 powerpack. Hi, I can now set up my adsl using the alcatel speedtouch usb modem, and a dialup connection using my external hayes accura modem. I can get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

2 internet accounts, best way to set up

Mandrake 9.1 powerpack.

Hi,
    I can now set up my adsl using the alcatel speedtouch usb modem, and a dialup connection using my external hayes accura modem.
    I can get online OK.

what is the best way to get the 2 accounts in linux. I don't mean the actual entering of the details, i.e. my username, password etc, but entering my adsl account, then my dial up account, so that I can select which I want to use to go online.
    I just really wantthe diap up for back up for when the adsl has a problem or whatever.I'm going back into linux to work on this, can't find any info on best way to do it.

Linux Guru
    Is that ADSL connection PPPoE? In that case, all you would have to do is kill that pppd process and start up a new one that uses the modem to connect, right? I haven't used PPP extensively, but the way that I've understood it, that should be the way to do it, right?

Just Joined!
    My adsl os PPoA.
    OK, so I have to go into the console and kill my connection, am I correct on this, and then use the other if required.

thanks a lot for replying.

Linux Guru
    Well, like I said, I haven't used PPP extensively, but that's how I'd do it. If anyone has a better suggestion, please feel free to add it here.

Linux Engineer
    Have never used PPPoe on linux so i can tribute on this one...sorry But is there not any GUI for this where you simply can choose which connection to use..??

Regards
    Regards

Andutt