Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. Thanks in advace for anyone and everyone that can help me. Im currently running Kali Linux 1.0.8 as my only OS...I tried to install windows 7 for dual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble..Trying to install Windows

Hi everyone. Thanks in advace for anyone and everyone that can help me.
    Im currently running Kali Linux 1.0.8 as my only OS...I tried to install windows 7 for dual boot but ran into trouble.
    I get the following message:

GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk _5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: SimulateInstallFiles not supported by backend

Can anyone help a girl out lol????

*I just noticed I may have posted this in the wrong Linux section....
    Last edited by LadyL; 08-18-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added info

Linux Newbie
    Normally windows should be installed first as installing windows will install the windows boot loader and no longer see kali as an option. if you install winows to a free partition you will need the kali live install cd to reinstall or fix grub after installing windows. you should back up important data. I am not running kali at the moment but this link should help.

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...With-Windows-7

if your computer is newer and using the uefi rather than the standard bios your process may be differant. it may help others assisting you if you post the make and model of your computer and the method you intend to use installing windows 7 if possible.

Just Joined!
    Thank you for replying.
    I had windows 7 but no longer have it. ( let someone borrow my computer) My laptop is a sony vaio vpceh11fx 64 bit. I want to dual boot and i would be installing with iso disk.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close