Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

CentOS 7 Installation Issue

Hello all,
    how i tried to install centOS 7 having centOS 6.4 already in the system and windows as well.
    bootable DVD::::--> ISO is CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-DVD.iso....

and my problem is after manual partitioning option i found three different options
    1. New CentOS 7 Installation.
    2.CentOS 6.4 for x86_64.
    3.Unknown.
    what exactly should i need to do in this stage so that i can have fresh CentOS 7 rather than already installed cenOS 6.4 and i do not want to lose windows partitions which are displayed in unknown options the third one...
    what are the procedures now please suggest me.

thank you

Linux Engineer
    Delete / format the CentOS 6 partition. Install to 'free space' during install of 7.

Don't use manual partitioning unless you have a specific need to, let it suggest automatically what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzle View Post
    Delete / format the CentOS 6 partition. Install to 'free space' during install of 7.

Don't use manual partitioning unless you have a specific need to, let it suggest automatically what to do.

i am probably new to linux and partitions things...will you please suggest me how to delete/format that centOS 6 partition? there is no partition showing while installing centOS 7

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

i am probably new to linux and partitions things...will you please suggest me how to delete/format that centOS 6 partition? there is no partition showing while installing centOS 7

Linux Engineer
    There are some distros that have a live cd, such as Ubuntu. You might want to use a GUI tool to remove the partition if you are unfamiliar with the command line.

-->
    There are some distros that have a live cd, such as Ubuntu. You might want to use a GUI tool to remove the partition if you are unfamiliar with the command line.
    thank you very much anyway