Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 on an HP Netserver LH 3r. The problem is it gives this error: 'An error occurred - no valid devices were found on which ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10.1 Installation Problem with RAID system

I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 on an HP Netserver LH 3r. The problem is it gives this error:
    'An error occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems. Please check your hardware for the cause of his problem.'

The server has a RAID array with 3 drives installed as one logical drive (hot swappable), I think I have correctly configured this. Any ideas please?

Linux Engineer
    A friend of mine had the same problem,
    disabling 'apic' was his solution during the installtion

he ran the install in textMode
    Press F1 for advance option and type
    Code:
    text noapic
    Hope his helps
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Yeah...apic and sometimes some power management (apm, apci) sometimes bork your scsi controllers. As Ugo suggested, boot without apic first (this is the most common culprit).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Just Joined!

Installing Mandrake Linux 10 on a Compaq Presario

Hi, I'm having trouble installing Mandrake Linux 10 on my Compaq Presario SR1120NX. I know the installation discs work because it's installed on my IBM NetVista.

When the installation boots up, I go into text mode to continue installation. I've tried using:
    Code:
    text noapic
    as well as other arguments (noapm, noapci) and am getting nowhere with it. After alt0 and alt1 get booted, I get as far as the message "Ok, booting the kernel", the screen goes blank, and then the system reboots.

Any suggestions?

Just Joined!
    I'm running into the same initial error on my HP NetServer LH 3r, when trying to install Mandriva 2005 LE (10.2) and have tried the installation as suggested "text noapic" with the same results.

The error that I am getting is 'insmod'ing module megaraid ...'

I believe I've tracked this down to needed to upgrade the megaraid controller's firmware.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.