Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Getting a NetGear WNDA3100v2 to run on a Live CD System

Hi!

Just got a nice desktop machine for 20 at the university. I want to run Antergos on it since I tried it from the live CD and was astonished by the speed, even with Gnome3 which I also tried for the first time and instantly liked. I compared it with Fedora Live CD, also with Gnome3, and it was way more slow. Maybe Xubuntu Live (XFCE) had a comparable speed performance but who wonders, right?

I tried to fix it last night but I only stumbled over some solutions with ndiswrapper and wine which are both not included on the Live CD Now what? Stuck and doomed? Do I have to get a PCI Wireless Card? Is it possible it works out of the box from an installed system? I would be possible yet pretty circumstantial to get a wired connection for the installation...

Any help or hint is appreciated!

Have a nice day!

-->
    you'll need to install b43 firmware & or b43-fwcutter try running xubuntu & or ubuntu, both live cds should have those firmwares either installed or ready to be installed. once confirmed working, then bring this back over to the distro you prefer.