Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Am I screwed??? Not able to boot cd!!!

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum so therefore forgive my shortcomings...

Basically I had windows 8.1 running on my fujitsu lifebook A532 laptop and wanted to dual boot kali linux alongside it, however upon installing the linux it deleted EVERYTHING! on my laptop, the grub bootloader only showed kali linux to choose from...

I then decided kali linux is too complicated for me and decided to delete everything and reinstall windows 8 again however I was surprised that my bios screen looks diffrent also I can not edit the boot sequence.

If I press f2 or f12 it takes me to a screen with a tab named Boot menu and its written on it debian and everytime I press enter on it it takes me back to this same screen...

I can not boot from cd or usb!

am I screwed? ? or can my laptop still be saved??

please help

-->
    I've never been up close with win 8 or kali, but the only thing I can help with is - just because Kali's bootloader shows only Kali doesn't actually mean that it's wiped your entire HD - didn't you get some partitioning options or whatever when you were installing?

I just want to know myself - what does Win 8 partition a HD by itself like, anyway? What's this "recovery partition" that I've heard about?