Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Trouble installing Linux

I have been trying to install linux on my system for some time now and I have been unsuccessful every time. I have tried Ubuntu, deepin, linux mint and ElementaryOS(which is the one I really want). every OS come up with an error screen. I'll put some pictures here for you to see.

ElementaryOS Error Screen:

IMG_0351.jpg

Mint Linux:

IMG_0352.jpg

My Computer Specs:
    12gb Ram
    4 Disks 250gb - 500gb
    Nvidia Gforce Gaming MSI 750 ti
    Intel i5 4440 3.1 ghz
    Gigabyte motherboard b85m-d3h

Thanks in advance.

Linux Enthusiast
    For me, linuxforums.org doesn't like yer pix. I think someone *fixed* something, and now it's more broken than before. There's been some issues like that recently. Maybe they're upgrading to HTML5. Then site admin doesn't even have to cut & paste code properly. They just assume client-side will cover yer *ss. They don't care. The "SUBMIT" button has been fixed also because they're fed up with yer *****in about it.

See ^^^. Everything fixed.

Anyway, I have no idea WTF yer yappin about. I did read your post, so that's a plus. Something doesn't work the way you expected? Try explaining things better. There's all sorts of guidebooks out there.

Take care.

Peace and Cheer.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way and that my post wasn't clear enough. When i install any linux distro it gives me errors the most common one I see on the long list is "Terminated by Signal 9 (Killed)" the pictures were supposed to show the error screen, but anyways I have tried both USB & Live CD installs and linux just doesn't seem to get to the installation screen it doesn't even reach the screen where I choose if I want to install or try it first.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just to get the hardware aspect out of the way, have you run anything else on it? Were you running Windows before you switched to Linux?

Might help. Might not.

Link

-->
    Thank you guys but I already solved the issue it was a problem with my nvidia graphics card. Linux doesn't like it unless I run the install with nomodeset, that's what they told me in the ubuntu forums. But thank you very much for your time