Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

changing distro on a dual boot machine

Hi all, I have been dual booting kubuntu 14.04 and windows 8.1 for about a year now with the ultimate intention of breaking away from windows. However, I have had so many difficulties with kubuntu that I am now using windows for the majority of the time.

I therefore experimented with deepin 14.2 on my backup laptop and have found it does exactly what I need with ease.

I want to basically remove kubuntu and replace it with Deepin without losing windows 8.1 because it takes so damn long to reinstall!

I don't really know how to go about doing this so wondered if anyone out there can help ?

Thanks, Matt

Hi, Matt. You may format kubuntu partitions from deepin installer and install it on them. It will also install and configure grub for you.

-->
    i've never used deepin, and kubuntu only minimally, but just give the deepin installer your kubuntu partition to install on - should work, right? all distros I think will simply format the / partition, so that'll get rid of your kubuntu - now all you have to do is make sure your bootloader gets written properly, and has options for both deepin and win, but unfortunately, as i said, since i've never used deepin, i don't know..... as thirtynine said, then....

$spacer_open
$spacer_close