Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Didn't you get sound from the rear speakers even with that? Anyway, now that you mention it, I have also experienced distorted sound with my SB Live 5.1. I don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Didn't you get sound from the rear speakers even with that?
    Anyway, now that you mention it, I have also experienced distorted sound with my SB Live 5.1. I don't know why it is as it is, but it seems that the onboard mixer clips the PCM sound when its level is set to high. Try setting the PCM volume to only 70% (using "aumix -w 70") and then only adjusting the speakers' volume and/or the master volume setting on the sound card.
    As for the problem with the rear speakers, I just can't figure out why that would be. As I can see, I have almost exactly the same hardware setup as you have, and I have no problems at all getting sound from the rear speakers (it's rather more hard not to get sound from them, actually).

Just Joined!
    Nope, didn't get rear speakers even with that code

I'll try the aumix

What distro are you using though? It's not Mandrake... I wonder if RedHat would be better. I'm on dialup so I'd have to buy it but whatever I can get is fine

Cheers

Jim

Linux Guru
    RH or Mdk shouldn't make any greater difference; the drivers (should) still be the same. But, yes, I am using RH. If you really want to try it, you can buy it from http://www.linuxiso.org. You could also try the vanilla emu10k1 driver from the project's homepage at http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1/.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2