Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Kali Linux and Windows 10 Dual Boot Problems

Ok so to practically start from scratch and give you all as much detail as I can remember:

I have windows 10 installed first, it is my default OS. I go to install Kali Linux (No Internet Connecting). Everything says it installs fine even with GRUB. The only problems it runs into is if it ask to connect to internet (A Mirror) and I click no because linux doesn't recognize my network card. Anyway I go to reboot after everything installs fine and GRUB doesn't appear, it just loads directly to Windows. I looked at the boot section and only my two hard drives show up for booting. (When I take the USB out I installed Kali with.) So now I am completely lost and do not know what to do. I have tried Boot Repair Disk, and it won't work since I am not connected to the entire. Currently where I am at I can not connect to ethernet, only WI-Fi. I am lost as of right now. Thank you for all your help in future reference. And sorry if I seem like I have no clue.

-->
    Schuyler25,

Since no one has asked you a few things..

Do you have the drivers (firmware) for the Ethernet ports? Are you trying to connect via an Ethernet connection (direct wired)? Is the boot disk on the same drive (or partition) of the previous Windows installation.

I'll tell you what I do when I have a new install to get all the devices working..

I assume the following:

1.) Windows still boots OK?
    2.) Did you use some kind of Windows utility to partition the drives or the install facility for Linux?
    3.) The two drives you see are? Is either the Linux drive or boot partition?
    4.) Use a 'live' Linux (of your distro), boot and look at the drives, so you see the boot drive (partition).

Most of us try to assist in helping you find your problems solutions yourself, and fixing them. You will quickly learn how to do this.. We all have to ask now and then. But next time Google your problem and see if you can do this without help! We are here...

Keep us informed!

Good luck

Jack
    Arizona, USA
    Last edited by jkwilborn; 09-13-2015 at 03:44 PM.