Find the answer to your Linux question:
I bought the 5200 card and installed it in my PC. It works fine when I boot to Windows. When I boot to Linux, kudzu recognized that my old ATI ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

geforce fx5200 installation

I bought the 5200 card and installed it in my PC. It works fine when I boot to Windows. When I boot to Linux, kudzu recognized that my old ATI card was not installed so it asked me if I want to uninstall its drivers. I said yes. Once booted up into Linux, at the command prompt I type startx to bring up Xwindows. I get a nasty error that is too long to print here. I assume it is because Xwindows has not been configured for my card. There used to be a command you can type to allow you to configure Xwindows. Anybody remember what it is? How can I get my system configured for the geforce card? Thanks

Linux User
    you can use "xf86config" which is textbased or "xf86cfg" which is graphical. You might also consider downlosding the nvidia drivers from nvidia.com

Good Luck

Linux Guru
    To get it configured quickly, use "XFree86 -configure". That will create a new config file in the currect directory. Use the -xf86config option to XFree86 to try it out, and if it works, you can replace your old /etc/X11/XF86Config with it.
    But to get full support for that GeForce card, download nVidia's non-free driver from nvidia.com.