Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Boot Linux using DVD-ROM with UDF-system?

So, I have never seen this type of system, before.

What is it, and can it boot Linux using the DVD-ROM? There's 4 versions to choose from.

UDF | 1.50
    UDF | 2.00
    UDF | 2.01
    UDF | 2.50

/

You've posted 3 threads about roughly the same thing. The advice I provided in the 1st thread is valid. Why are you making this more difficult than it needs to be?
    Are you a clueless Kali user? If you can't get Kali running on your own, it ain't the right distro for you.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
    You've posted 3 threads about roughly the same thing. The advice I provided in the 1st thread is valid. Why are you making this more difficult than it needs to be?
    First off - knock that negative attitude off.

I have no knowledge about Linux, other than it's way safer than most OS'.
    We all started some place. Everyone. Even the best.
    I know, I have made 3 posts, and thank you for keeping an eye on me. I'm confused about the installation, because nothing has worked so far.
    Every time, I boot by DVD it says [Checking media] fail/fall. Everytime.
    I've tried Linux Mint and Ubuntu - no luck. Instead of pointing errors out, help me instead.

- Also i've tried booting by USB, and allowed Virtualization Technology, to run.
    Last edited by Olinux; 06-08-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: I wrote in "anger", so I wanted to change it, because I thought about it, and it was NOT okay. I'm sorry about that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    OK, none of us is there watching over your shoulder. Do you want to install Linux side by side with Windows? Did you shrink Windows partition from within Windows to make space for Linux installation? You want to boot from DVD, how did you burn that DVD? If you copied the ISO file to the DVD it will not boot. Note, this is generic computer knowledge.
    What has Virtualization to do with USB booting? Are you trying to install Linux as guest into a virtual machine? How can anyone help you if you withhold vital information?

Quote Originally Posted by Olinux View Post
    First off - knock that negative attitude off.
    this is what you left after editing out your anger???
    Quote Originally Posted by Olinux
    I wrote in "anger", so I wanted to change it, because I thought about it, and it was NOT okay. I'm sorry about that.
    anyhow, my advice is:
    knock that demanding attitude off.
    this is not a helpdesk.

nobody is going to do your work for you.
    in fact, nobody even can do your work for you.
    if you don't help us help you to help yourself, nothing will come of it.
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire | How to Use Code Tags
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.