Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Triple boot Mac OS Fedora and Windows

Hi, I'm a mac user. I have a dream of triple boot my machine as Mac OS for working Linux (Fedora) for coding and Windows for editing and gaming . I have some problems:
    - When I install Windows via Boot Camp, everything went finds
    - when i create a bootable USB (Fedora) to install a blank partition that I create through Disk Utility, everything went find
    - but when i go to bootloader, (I use rEFInd) and choose windows partition, nothing happen, instead, the screen shows error which is cannot go into windows because of some error
    - after days and days of researching, I find out that u have to install linux first and then install Windows through a bootable usb by creating a VM Windows on mac and create the partition for windows through disk Utility.
    - I still have my windows partition created from boot camp and can u guys help me with how can i backup windows and triple boot it ? Is the method right? Thank you for all your help
    - P/s : Ubuntu or Fedora ?
    Have a nice Thanksgiving

Linux User
    Exactly what Mac do you have, they are all different in installing MS WIndows and Linux ? What Mac OS ? what version of Windows ? what web site did you get your info from ?

I only had one Mac Book Pro early 2013 that I messed with, I did install Mint, win 7 with Mac OS. If you are using boot camp I think it will make a hibrid partition table , a pain right out of the gate.

If I remember , can you select OS to boot by pressing the option key during bootup ? If I remember Mac OS and linux was booted in efI mode and MS Windows was booted in MBR mode .

Quote Originally Posted by Lostfarmer View Post
    Exactly what Mac do you have, they are all different in installing MS WIndows and Linux ? What Mac OS ? what version of Windows ? what web site did you get your info from ?

I only had one Mac Book Pro early 2013 that I messed with, I did install Mint, win 7 with Mac OS. If you are using boot camp I think it will make a hibrid partition table , a pain right out of the gate.

If I remember , can you select OS to boot by pressing the option key during bootup ? If I remember Mac OS and linux was booted in efI mode and MS Windows was booted in MBR mode .
    mine is macbook pro early 2015
    i have figured it out
    ths for your help
    ubuntu wont work
    just fedora
    yeh
    but in my opinion fedora doesn't offer that much customization to their system like ubuntu. For some reason when installing ubuntu on mac windows would not recognized. (Windows 10, ubuntu 17.04). I'm thinking of booting ubuntu from usb
    Fedora 26 works so ths btw
    have a nice thanksgiving
    Cheers

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close