Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Win10 and linux side by side but can't launch win10

Hi, just new to linux. I've installed mint on a win10 laptop and selected the option to keep win10 on mint install.

However i cant no longer launch win10 as i always log to mint setup menu and there's no option to launch mint or win10.

Win10 partition still there but...how can i launch win10 and choose to launch one or another?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by babuja View Post
    Hi, just new to linux. I've installed mint on a win10 laptop and selected the option to keep win10 on mint install.

However i cant no longer launch win10 as i always log to mint setup menu and there's no option to launch mint or win10.

Win10 partition still there but...how can i launch win10 and choose to launch one or another?

Problem solved

Arrrrggghhh
    Trying todo this myself

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Tried updating grub
    Still the same

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dual booting is not as easy as it used to be. Mostly UEFI is in use now, and depending on how you set the install (legacy using /dev/sda etc. or UEFI) depends on what you may be able to boot. I have moved to running Windows as a VM, migrating the install and license from the original machine. There's no easy approach, just lots of googling and then trial and error for your particular install. But go check out the UEFI/legacy boot options in BIOS and check how you are doing the Linux install as a result.

Go well.

Quote Originally Posted by sarlacii View Post
    Dual booting is not as easy as it used to be. Mostly UEFI is in use now, and depending on how you set the install (legacy using /dev/sda etc. or UEFI) depends on what you may be able to boot. I have moved to running Windows as a VM, migrating the install and license from the original machine. There's no easy approach, just lots of googling and then trial and error for your particular install. But go check out the UEFI/legacy boot options in BIOS and check how you are doing the Linux install as a result.

Go well.
    Why to run windows as a VM when you can run linux as a VM ans avoid all the license issues?

Linux User
    Why to run windows as a VM when you can run linux as a VM ans avoid all the license issues?

except for the fact there ARE no 'license issues". win10 came on it, and it was LICENSED. i can reinstall windows 100 times on that machine with that one license, because i already own it.

and not only was this thread closed for 6 mons before you reopened it, but you posted crap in it for no reason. if your going to post at least know what your talking about

Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    except for the fact there ARE no 'license issues". win10 came on it, and it was LICENSED. i can reinstall windows 100 times on that machine with that one license, because i already own it.

and not only was this thread closed for 6 mons before you reopened it, but you posted crap in it for no reason. if your going to post at least know what your talking about
    Hei habit, if your so angry and frustrated why to bother replying to others post? Do you feel miserable today?

Linux User
    Hei habit, if your so angry and frustrated why to bother replying to others post? Do you feel miserable today?

typical response from a moron. dont admit you were wrong just try to bait others to respond.

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by habit View Post
    typical response from a moron. dont admit you were wrong just try to bait others to respond.
    Kakakak and I'm the moron?

If only you could see your stupid way to participate...

About being wrong...I admit my guilt, hope I didn't screwed your good humour. Can you now try to be nice and have a positive way to participate?

Make yourself a favour and go make a mint relaxing wonderful coup of tea...

Sorry guys for the off-topic