Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Dual-Boot UEFI

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dual-Boot UEFI

How can i do a dual-boot, Kali/BlackArch with Zorin/Bodhi, the problems are my notebook use the UEFI system, and they don't detect the other SO and sometime they dont boot.

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayonn View Post
    How can i do a dual-boot, Kali/BlackArch with Zorin/Bodhi, the problems are my notebook use the UEFI system, and they don't detect the other SO and sometime they dont boot.
    Just install the required the OSes on different partitions. You don't necessarily need a UEFI enabled harddrive. You can use MBR as well. However, you can't create more than 4 partitions in MBR.
    If you are a newbie, preferably *don't* start using pentesting OSes. I made the mistake of trying to use kali as a beginner and ended up fumbling with the OS quite a lot.
    Start with Ubuntu or Mint. When you get familiar with the theory behind it, understand the basics and get hold of bash and the commonly used utils, start with Arch/Gentoo.
    You'll be greeted with a commandline installation. This will help you to understand the basics of Lin. I'm gonna install Arch tomorrow. Once I'm done with it, I'll give you a good guide on installing it.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

$spacer_open
$spacer_close