Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i know that was a long subject but has anyone heard of someone dual booting xp and rh9 on a Toshiba satellite 1405-S151 and know what kind of problems ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

dual boot winxp and redhat 9 on laptop. help

ok i know that was a long subject but has anyone heard of someone dual booting xp and rh9 on a Toshiba satellite 1405-S151 and know what kind of problems they have come up with. andhow do i go about partitioning my drive to put redhat on it. can some one help or point my in the right direction. thanks alot.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    I tried but RH 8 didn't like my hard drive so I was stuck with just XP

I have a Toshiba Satillite as well its about 2 yrs old.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

I was asking because the 1405-S151 is the one that is left out on the the linux on laptop sites and was wondering if there is some major problems with it or something. and i am sick of messing with linux on my POS of a desktop it is so slow i cant do anything it a desent about of time so i want to try it on here.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Found this postfrom someone running linux on your brand of notebook. Doesn't say what distro he's using, but then I also found thiswhich states freeBSD.

Sounds like a common compatibillity problem on that notebook is the network card...

Just Joined!
    I installed Mandrake 9.1 on my Toshiba Satellite, and it's running almost flawlessly. It took care of resizing my Windows partition (9.0 couldn't do NTFS, but 9.1 can). The only thing I'm having problems with now is that it only mounts my windows partition in read/execute mode, so I can copy files over to that partition without burning a CD, since I don't have an external floppy or any other external storage devices.

Well i got it to dual boot jst fine the only problem is that the sound card wont work. the network works great. so if you could help me find out whats wrong with the sound card drivers and where to find some. one more how do i get linux to see my data drive its a fat32 format i thought i heard that redhat 9 could see and used fat32 if this is wrong let me know also thanks for the help.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Have you already looked at your sound card mfg web site for linux support/drivers?
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"