Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Crossed....and if it doesnt work....dont get too bummed out. it can be one or both of 2 reasons...bad download or bad burn. so if it doesnt work then redownload and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Crossed....and if it doesnt work....dont get too bummed out. it can be one or both of 2 reasons...bad download or bad burn. so if it doesnt work then redownload and burn. and i always burn the image at 1/4 the writers max speed to ensure a good burn. good luck

Just Joined!

um.....

Well I got the CD's to work...however....after fully installing RH 9 which took forever... and rebooting....I get a problem.... after the maching in completely done with the bootup process the screen goes blank and then I get a screen with messed up colors like it froze more or less.....what coudl be causing this and how can i fix it without reinstalling? Or do i have to?

Linux User
    ohh i had a problem similar to that with mandrake but the screen wouldnt show up but its your realution is too high i think try lowering it or make sure your vid card drivers are correct and have the refresh rate at like 65-70 hz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

How woudl i check this if i cant get into the OS... I am not firmilar with linux and it waysl....

Linux Enthusiast
    you should still get your login screen in text mode, when you see that, log on as root and then type this:

Code:
    redhat-config-xfree86
    you can configure things there, make sure you know your horizontal sync and vert. refresh rates
    you could also try using 16 bit instead of 24 bit for your resolution
    also, are you using a digital monitor, lcd?

Just Joined!

K....I will try that now...thnx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2