Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I am tryin to install RH 9.0 onto a HD using 3 CD's with the iso files on them.... I put the bootdisk.img file onto the first disk and made ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CD-ROM install

I am tryin to install RH 9.0 onto a HD using 3 CD's with the iso files on them.... I put the bootdisk.img file onto the first disk and made sure that my computer is booting from the CD-Rom first.... Is this wrong? If so what files or file am i supposed to have and could you show me where...

Linux Engineer
    Did you verify you cd:s or checked the keys??...otherwise the image-files can be corrupted. Otherwise all you have to do is to download the image files and burn them on a cd as an image. And then reboot with the cd inserted in your cd-drive.

Regards
    Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    You're not supposed to write the bootdisk.img on a CD. That's only if you want a boot floppy, but the first ISO image is bootable. If you need a boot floppy (if, for example, your BIOS can't boot from ATAPI devices), you just write bootdisk.img to a floppy and you can boot from that instead. In any case, you're not supposed to write it to a CD.

Just Joined!

ok...

how do i check to see if it is not corrupted exactally? I read about that but couldnt understand what they meant.... and if the .iso is bootable why isnt it booting.... would it not boot if i have the bootdisk.img on the CD?

Linux Enthusiast
    how exactly did you burn the images?
    what software are you using?

Just Joined!

I used nero....I know there is some way i have to change the burning...just cant figure it out....

Linux Enthusiast
    nope, just make sure you burn it either one of these two ways:

file-burn image

or using the nero wizard:

create new cd, other cd projects, iso and images

it must be burned as an image and NOT as a data cd.

just making sure

you definitely don't need a bootdisk, the cd is bootable as long as you set your bios to boot from cd rom

Just Joined!

Ok.... I am gonna try now..I appreciate your help and will tell you if it works....If not..your dead... ....have a nice day!

Linux User
    you have to burn them to a cd as an image and to do that with nero..if i remeber correctly you have to close everything(includniog the wizard) then go to file then burn image or something like that and then do what you need to do from there

Just Joined!

Yeah..I am burning as we speak.... so cross you fingers....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast