Find the answer to your Linux question:
after realizing LFS was to time consuming i found Lrs which is suposed to be based on it. can anyone help me out with installing it because i run into ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Help needed to install Lrs Linux

after realizing LFS was to time consuming i found Lrs which is suposed to be based on it. can anyone help me out with installing it because i run into problems when i try. i think its beacuse my hard drive is a sata and not the usuall ide.

What are the exact problems you get?
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Linux Newbie
    ok when i get to a choice of use cfdisk or no partioning already done if i chooose cfdisk it says could not detect disk drive but if i choose no partioning iit syas alot of stuff on the screen and it trys all this /mnt stuff adn then stops and leaves me in a shell. it doesnt even ask where i want to install . i think the problem has something to do with maybe the hd has to be hda or maybe it can only do ide hard drives. at one point before this though it says /lib/modules exists do u requirer any modules. if i choose yes it will put me into that shell and let me maually insert modules but i dont know what to do.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    anyone who has done a full install of LFS how long did it take you? (the truth plz dont make up crap about doing the whole lot in less than an hour.)