Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Linux recently, it works fine except for the multibooting part, since the old Boot Magic wont work, I resorted to using Grub, I'm in the part wherein ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GRUB.. problem/multibooting

I just installed Linux recently, it works fine except for the multibooting part, since the old Boot Magic wont work, I resorted to using Grub, I'm in the part wherein I could see my 3 OS, WinXP, 98 and FC3 in the menu, only FC3 would run, the rest wont,

I just followed the guide wherein there is a title, the rootnoverify, the hide and unhide, the chainloader +1, the makeactive... the Win OSs wont boot that way.. it dont recognize the format, when I added the "boot" at the end of the line, GRUB hangs and when I restarted it.. it goes to the terminal mode, wherein I need to put commands one at a time, but I dont know the kernel name (I mean the whole kernel name),

Is there a way to bring back the old Grub menu, I tried linux rescue then ENTER but it just mounts the volumes and the GRUB is still not the same...

Linux Guru

Re: GRUB.. problem/multibooting

Quote Originally Posted by RLbe
    .. it goes to the terminal mode, wherein I need to put commands one at a time, but I dont know the kernel name (I mean the whole kernel name),
    Grub has a "filename completion" feature so you don't have to remember the whole name. At the Grub command line, where you have a prompt like "grub>", you can first tell Grub what partition your kernel is in with the command "root (hd0,0)" for the first partition on the first drive. Then if you enter "kernel /" and hit the tab key (not the enter key), Grub will list all of the files in that partition. If you enter one or more characters for the beginning of the filename and hit tab, Grub will either finish the filename or will give you a list of files that match what you have entered.

As for the rest of your message, maybe you can post your grub.conf file here with a list of your partitions and what's on them so we can get your Windoze working.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better