Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have downloaded Fedora Core 3 ISO images to NTFS partition,my machine has Win2000 and Redhat 9 installed,without FAT32 partition. I just wonder if I can install FC3 without burning ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can Installation read ISO images from NTFS instead of FAT32?

I have downloaded Fedora Core 3 ISO images to NTFS partition,my machine has Win2000 and Redhat 9 installed,without FAT32 partition.

I just wonder if I can install FC3 without burning discs,I don't want to change my partition type either.

I think it is possible if I can mount the NTFS partition during the installation.Linux could do things as one wanted,couldn't it?

I add ntfs.ko module to modules.cgz within the initrd.img,but installation process still could not mount NTFS partition correctly,I start the installation with Grub.

Any advice?

ummm ... er no you need to boot the linux kernel that is on the install cd to be in linux inorder to install linux...however since you have an existing linux install on that puter you could chroot another partition and install it from there but i dont know of a tut to follow to do that spacificaly for fc

but it would just be easier to just install it from a livecd
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org